Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1 is...

July!!!  Hooray!

I just love July.  It's hot, one can swim, and in Utah we get fireworks twice!  Who could ask for more?  Well for those of you who could, we've got quite a few holidays today.

Canadian Independence Day

I'm not Canada's biggest fan, but I figured they at least deserved an honorable mention.

Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day

It's time to use those creative skills and come up with the next big thing!  Do it home-made style, or just mix and match your favorites and see what comes out!

National Gingersnap Day

Not my favorite cookie, but a cookie nonetheless.  Bake em, eat em, love em.

Build a Scarecrow Day

I doubt many of you out there have an actual pressing need for a scarecrow, but it seems an appropriate time of year at least.  Maybe just make a miniature one...perhaps out of sugary foods you can then enjoy.

Popeye's Birthday

"I yam what I yam."  Wisdom for the ages.  Thank you Popeye.  Today might be a good idea to watch the musical starring Robin Williams and Shelly Duvall.

Coming Attractions: National Anisette Day, Violin Lover's Day, Hump Day

No comments: