Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 17 is...

National Vanilla Custard Day

In Chinatown - any chinatown really - go find a chinese bakery, or go to dim sum and order their custard tarts.  They're probably the most amazing food known to man.  That's how I want to celebrate.

National Thriftshop Day

I think this is now my new official favorite holiday.  I LOVE thriftshopping. And I am dang good at it.  Bargains follow me around like moths to a flame.  The stuff you find at thrift stores is just to die for.  And that is all.

#2 Pencil Day

We've voted, and our preferred activities for #2 pencil day are 1 - dress up like a pencil, 2 - take a scantron test, 3 - poke people with a pencil (though this was a decidedly un-nice thing to do), 4 - get lead poisoning.  A full day of activities.

Coming Attractions: National Soft Ice Cream Day, Bad Poetry Day, Moot Point Day

No comments: