Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15 is...

National Lobster Day

I once bought a lobster for my birthday and cooked it.  It was sort of an anticlimactic experience.  But then I went on a cruise and had a lobster cooked by someone who knew what they were doing and it was much better.  I recommend lobster if you've got the time and the cash.  And here's a bit about our lobster friends.

Smile Power Day

They say that smiles are contagious and I'm a firm believer in that theory.  So start an epidemic today!  You'll never know the power of one simple smile.

Spill the Salt Day

This is connected with an ancient superstition designed to deter wasting salt.  But in our day of decadence I guess we can celebrate by spilling all the salt we want!  Hooray!

Coming Attractions: National Fudge Day, National Hollerin' Contest Day, Fresh Veggies Day

No comments: