Sunday, June 8, 2008

June 8 is...

Jelly-filled Donut Day

Cops everywhere are jumping for joy.  I think it's been years since I had a jelly-filled donut.  Perhaps I'll buy one today.

Name Your Poison

Of course this is just a euphamistic way of asking what kind of alcoholic drink you'd like, but I guess it's not too far off the mark eh?  My personal poison includes one tall glass of unadulterated chocolate milk. mmm...

Shoo Fly Day

This particular day makes me think of two songs - "Shoo fly don't bother me," and, "Skip to my Lou."  Some say things songs are about diseases and their various means of dissipation.  Wikipedia thinks this.  You decided which you'd like to believe and get your fly-swatters ready.

Coming Attractions: Donald Duck Day, National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day

No comments: