Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16 is...

National Fudge Day

My grandma always gives me fudge for Christmas, and I love it!  It's one of my favorite sugary things to eat.  If you're ever in Disneyworld (and probably Disneyland, though I've never bothered to find out) I suggest going to the confectionary on Main Street USA and sampling their cookie dough fudge.  One of the best things ever invented.

National Hollerin' Contest Day

Evidently this happens in North Carolina, but there's nothing stopping the rest of us from celebrating wherever we are.  So go ahead - yell yer guts out!

Fresh Veggies Day

I prefer eating whole foods as they're much better for you than the processed junk peddled everywhere.  And veggies are an excellent way to do that.  So go to the grocery store, an organic supermarket - or even better, the local farmer's market and root out some of your favorites.  You won't regret it!

Coming Attractions: Eat Your Vegetables Day, National Apple Strudel Day

No comments: