Tuesday, April 8, 2008

April 8 is...

National Empanada Day

Oh how I love my empanadas.  Whether they're savory or sweet, big or small, authentic or store-bought, I could eat them without ceasing.  Some of my favorite memories include store-bought cherry empanadas my mom would purchase.  Others include making empanadas with a wizened old Argentinian woman in her shack.  Good good times.

Zoo Lover's Day

It's probably actually finally warm enough to make a trek to the zoo worth the effort.  I personally love zoos.  I think they're so intersting.  I hate gift shops in all their forms, and gift shops with worthless animal-related merchandise are sort of an inevitable part of a journey to the zoo, but nevertheless, zoos are awesome.  If you have time, visit yours.

Coming Attractions: Name Yourself Day, Chinese Almond Cookie Day, Safety Pin Day

No comments: