Sunday, March 16, 2008

March 16 is...

National Artichoke Hearts Day

I love artichoke hearts.  There's just no other way to say it.  I find them to be entirely delicious.  On pizza, in pasta, paired with spinach in a dip - they're delightful.  Go out there and get yourself some.  They really good for you too. 

Everything You Do is Right Day

Today it can't go wrong - even if it does go wrong, it's still right!  How awesome is that?  I'm going to attempt a difficult recipe today, and maybe be a little more adventurous in my wardrobe choices.  I think I can pull it off.  Nay - I know I can pull it off because everything I do is right today.

Tumbleweed Day

I don't find tumbleweeds all that fascinating.  Of course I grew up in an area replete with them.  In fact I took a bus trip once and during part of the journey the road was completely covered in them.  It looked like some other-worldly tumbleweed exodus.  But they have been slightly romanticized due to Western movies, and I always appreciate it when a person pretends to be a tumbleweed to add that certain rustic element to a given situation.  Go out there and find a tumbleweed.  Maybe get one stuck in the radiator vent on your car, and then name it and see how long it stays there...not that I've done that or anything...

Coming Attractions: St. Patrick's Day, Submarine Day, 

No comments: