Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February 13 is...

Get A Different Name Day

I choose Raul De La Frontera Hidalgo El Magnanimo.  What's yours?

National Tortellini Day

Tortellini - one of various filled pastas - is apparently surrounded by legend and mystery.  Who knew?  I personally enjoy a good plate/bowl of tortellini, but then I'm kind of a pasta nut, so I enjoy a plate/bowl of any pasta.  For ease in your tortellini endeavors, check out the freezer section at your local supermarket.  For a bit of adventure and pride in your meal, I recommend this way.

Stamp Collector's Day

Ah yes, a day for those quirky people who used to sit in the corner during recess and gluttonously peruse their stamps.  I guess I can't mock too much - some of them are now richer than I'll ever be.  But I can mock a bit.  Money doesn't make up for basic social skills - but I digress.  I would tell you to go browse a stamp collection, but I don't even know where such a thing might be housed.  I certainly don't know anyone with a stamp collection.  At least not anyone who openly has one...

Yesterday was apparently declared "National Pancake Day" by IHOP.  They give out free shortstacks.  This doesn't do you any good now, but just remember that you can always get free pancakes at IHOP on Shrove Tuesday.

3 comments:

Max Power said...

I've always been partial to changing to this one:

Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Umbrella Stand Jasper Wednesday Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable Arthur Norman Michael Featherstone Edwards Harris Mason Frampton Jones Fruitbat Gilbert Williams Jenkin Tiger-draws Pratt Thompson Darcy Carter Pussycat Barton Mannering Smith

Greg D said...

I like it, and I vote yes.

Tara said...

I heard that Johnny Carino's has amazing baked tortellini. Its a thought for a future day...