Tuesday, February 5, 2008

February 5 is...

Fire Safety Week!

Disaster Day

I think it's a disaster that I was too tired to do this last night before bed.  Don't go overboard today, but you might as well at least refrain from cleaning your room.  I know mine will look the same at the end of the day.  I'm sure I'll also have plenty of opportunities to celebrate with 150 or so 7-year-olds at my school.

National Chocolate Fondue Day

It's days like this that make me wish I had a bit more free time.  Oh well, I hope you all get a chance to celebrate.  Break out the pot, some fruit, and maybe a sponge cake and dip away.  Invite someone over and make it a party.

Old Shoes Day

Any celebration involving shoes merits at least an effort.  Find an old pair of shoes and sport them proudly.  This is an especially good day to break out the pair that's been sitting in your closet for months/years because you just haven't had the heart to throw them out, but couldn't figure out when to wear them.  I think this may be the perfect occasion.

No comments: