Tuesday, February 26, 2008

February 26 is...

National Pistachio Day

One year for Christmas my parents gave me one of those giant alien heads you used to see on the counters of specialty shops filled with alien-head suckers, filled to the brim with pistachio nuts.  I was elated.  I love nuts - though my tongue does not.  My tongue gets sore quite quickly when consuming nuts.  But I can enjoy pistachios in other ways - pudding for example.  I always wondered why it was green.  Anyway, enjoy a pistachio or two.  I know I will.

Ring Finger Day

Why we have a day to celebrate this particular fingers whilst leaving all the others in the dust is beyond me.  I don't even wear rings.  I guess maybe one day I will, but until then...
For those of you lucky enough to don a sparkle or two on your ring finger, show them off.  For the rest of us, maybe just strike up a conversation with a stranger about the merits of the ring finger as opposed to the others.  Compare and contrast the ring finger with the pinky, perhaps.  Draw your ring finger and send it in card-form to a friend.  Buy your finger flowers.  The possibilities are endless.

Coming Attractions: International Polar Bear Day, National Strawberry Day, Flip a Pancake Day

No comments: