Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February 14 is...

Valentine's Day...of course

I have mixed feelings about the old V-day.  I'm not anti-valentine's day, I think it's good to celebrate love, but at the same time, more often than not, I am severely lacking in that area.  Not love, necessarily, but the kind of love associated with this most dichotomous of holidays.  Anyway, as Scrooge says in A Christmas Carol (roughly), "You keep it in your way, and let me keep it in mine."  Either way, I get to have super fun Valentine's parties with elementary kids today.  You can't help but have a smile on your face in that situation.

Ferris Wheel Day

I can't think of a better non-summer day to have such a holiday.  Ferris wheels are quite romantic.  Just watch Charly and you'll see.  I, of course, can't of any ferris wheels which might be open right now, but if you're fortunate enough to be close to one, take advantage of it.  You could even use today as a way to overcome your fear of heights, commitment, and carnies.

National Creme Filled Chocolates Day

Again - what better day to celebrate chocolates?  Heaven knows the world produces enough of them around this time.  In fact, I went to Wal-mart today to find Valentines - you know, the kind that you passed out to everyone in your class in 3rd grade - and I couldn't find anyone because all they had were atrocious stuffed animals and piles and piles of chocolates.  I, personally, will be making a stop at See's.

1 comment:

richbarn said...

If you prefer think of it as singles awareness day