Friday, February 1, 2008

February 1 is...

Serpent Day

So buy yourself a snake.  I dunno.

National Baked Alaska Day

The first experience I ever had with Baked Alaska was on a cruise I took with my family a couple of years ago.  Until then i didn't realize it was ice cream.  I just assumed it would be some world-shattering carbo-loaded pastry-like substance.  I was a bit disappointed.  But that's no reason not to celebrate this famous dessert.  So, here's the recipe.  And a little history.

Healthy Heart Day

Hooray for health!  Start out the day with a bowl of Cheerios, hit up the gym for some cardio, and give plenty of people hugs.  Check your family history for heart disease, plan a lower-fat/lower-cholesterol diet.  Have you cholesterol checked.  You may think it's too late to start worrying about that, but there's no time like the present eh?

Also...

It's February now!!!  So, check out the new monthly holidays and corresponding links.  If anyone knows of any more that should be included, feel free to let me know and I'll update it ASAP.

No comments: