Friday, February 15, 2008

February 15 is...

Singles Awareness Day

Officially today is single's awareness day.  Some choose to celebrate on the 13th, some on the 14th to counteract the effects of all that disgusting romantic love in the air, but according to the Day's Official Website - today's it.  So for you people in relationships of a romantic nature - sorry, you're up a creek on this one.  For the rest of us, let's get out there and celebrate our singleness!  

National Gumdrop Day

To be honest, I don't even know where to get gumdrops, though I'm assuming Wal-mart would have them.  They have everything, after all.  So, go find some, buy them, eat them, decorate with them, pelt the pesky neighborhood children with them - use your imagination.  And here's some interesting info/gumdrop lore.

Burger Lover's Day

I do love a good burger on occasion.  Though lately I've tried to stick to chicken or fish as a protein alternative.  Burgers, though tasty and delicious, aren't as appealing as they once were.  Maybe today I'll celebrate.  I've always wanted to try the Baconator at Wendy's, but just haven't worked up enough chutzpah.

---------------

An avid reader of mine made a suggestion to me today. He said that I should post holidays a day early so that one may more easily plan a celebration - or at least a meal. I think I'll take this sage advice and run with it. So, I'll now post things a day early so you can plan ahead a bit - make a run to the grocery store, give grandma a call, invite the neighbors etc.

No comments: