Monday, February 4, 2008

February 4 is...

Fire Safety Week!

Homemade Soup Day

Forget the Campbell's, today it's from scratch, or it ain't worth nothin'.  Brush up on your cooking skills.  Broth-based, cream-based, it doesn't matter.  I like my mom's chicken noodle recipe.  Cioppino is also a family favorite.  Serve it up fresh, or don't serve it at all.

National Stuffed Mushroom Day

Oh my, I think I just died and went to heaven.  I love stuffed mushrooms.  Some people don't like mushrooms because of where they grow, but as far as I'm concerned they're just closer to the fertilizer.  The soil gets it's nutrients from dead things and poop anyway.  And now that you've worked up an appetite, here's a good way to prepare your favorite fungi.

Create a Vacuum Day

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure of the best way to go about this, but I guess there are several ways including, but not limited to sucking an egg into a bottle, a suction cup, and a plunger.  You could always just use your vacuum cleaner.  Then you can celebrate while being productive.  For those with enough free time, here's quite a lot of useless information on vacuums.

No comments: