Saturday, February 2, 2008

February 2 is...

Groundhog Day

Ah the age-old tradition of relying on a rodent to predict the future.  According to the Official site of the Punxsutawny Groundhog Club, Punxsutawny Phil has predicted there will be six more weeks of winter this year.  For those who've forgotten all about this holiday and it's meaning, read this.  According to the article groundhogs everywhere are popping in and out of holes all over the place and a larger percentage are predicting that spring will be early this year.  I, for one, and pulling for them...and I'll probably end up watching the Bill Murray movie too.

National Wear Red Day

I don't know why we wear red today, but I look good in red, so I think I'll celebrate.  Whether it's for a drug-free status, AIDS awareness, team support, or just cause you're feelin' sassy, bust out that crimson wardrobe and let the world know you mean business.

No comments: