Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February 20 is...

Hoodie Hoo Day

On this winter day, people go out at noon, wave their hands over their heads and chant "Hoodie-Hoo".
It is a day to chase away winter and bring in spring. After all, everyone in the northern hemisphere are sick and tired of winter at this point and a little crazy being cooped up inside all winter and not seeing the sun.

I don't really get how chanting "Hoodie-Hoo" is going to change global weather patterns, but I guess it's worth a try...

National Cherry Pie Day

That old American favorite.  I much prefer it to Apple.  Though I don't know if I'll celebrate.  I hardly have time to bake.  I'll celebrate in spirit.  I feel the cherry...I am one with the cherry...

Gum Drop Day

Gum drops are not my favorite.  But I guess they're sugar, so they work.  Sugar-covered colored sugar, in fact.  Maybe I'll build a little gingerbread house...or a gingerbread man with gumdrop buttons.

No comments: