Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20 is...

National Cheese Lover's Day

Really - what a great holiday. I love cheese. Love it. I especially love it when something deep-fried is stuffed with cheese. It's like a heart attack in a little bundle of fried goodness. mmm... So, go out there and cheese it up! "Gouda's my favorite."
Oh, and here's the
exhaustive resource for cheese-related info.

National Granola Bar Day

A little healthier than deep-fried cheese, and equally tasty. Here's a
recipe. I guess this could also be a day to celebrate locations where environmentally conscious people gather for a drink...

School Lunch Day

I'm sad that this year it's on a Sunday because I would totally be celebrating. I eat school lunch every day! I guess I could make my own lunch and just put it in a lunchbox before eating it...hmmm...that might work...
For those of you who are feeling a bit more ambitious, try to concoct something food-like out of the ingredients in your cupboard. A pre-shaped chicken fried stake, water gravy over fake mashed potatoes, a sad excuse for a turkey sandwich, maybe even a small hard-shell taco. These are the things that fill my heart and stomach with joy on a daily basis. mmm...

No comments: