Saturday, January 5, 2008

January 5 is...

Bird Day

Watch 'em, eat 'em, stuff 'em, even flip 'em. Today is a day for the birds. I recommend watching Sesame Street while eating a Turkey wrap, wearing a feather boa, and teaching your parakeet to whistle the Andy Griffth Show theme. That'd about have all your bases covered.

National Whipped Cream Day

I'm a bit surprised that this day doesn't happen concurrently with New Year's Eve. I mean, think about it. Either way, use today to add fluff to your dessert, creaminess to your hot chocolate, and a little fun to your late-night activities. I've personally got two cans sitting in my fridge waiting to be used...I also have some friends coming over...hmmm...

Take the Cake Day

Do something extra-spectacular. Step out of your comfort zone. Surprise your boss, or your spouse, or your..."roommate." Add a little spice to your day and make someone say "Now doesn't that just take the cake..."
I guess you could always be a literalist and take an actual cake, but that would be slightly illegal...and mean. Unless you return the cake covered in whipped cream from your other celebration.

No comments: