Wednesday, January 30, 2008

January 30 is...

National Croissant Day

Love me some of this French delight.  I like to buy them in bulk from the Wal-mart or the Costcos.  I then cut them in half, unabashedly smear them with butter and my favorite home-made berry jam, stick them in the micro for 15-30 sec. and enjoy.  However, the potential of the croissant is virtually endless.  Use your imagination, use a recipe, use a Pillsbury tube, use the bakery, just use a croissant.

Escape Day

Just get away from it all.  Take a hot bath, take the day off, take a number.  Maybe you don't need an escape from life.  Maybe you just need an escape from your horrible living room furniture.  Well, whatever the size or nature of your need for a break-out, today's your day.  You provide the reason, I'll provide the get-away car...as long as your reasons for celebration are legal.

Thermos Bottle Day

My friend gave me a lunchbox for Christmas.  I was disappointed to discover that they no longer come with those really cool, completely useless thermoses with the cup/lid.  They now come with a sport bottle.  *sigh*  Well, find a thermos...if they still make them, fill it with soup, hot chocolate, coffee, iced tea - whatever.  You'll know that it'll still be the same temperature when you need it.  Unless, of course, you happen to own an old-school lunchbox thermos.  Those couldn't keep self-perpetuating hand warmer hot.

*note

I've apparently missed a couple of holidays lately.  Yesterday was National Puzzle Day.  I didn't realize that until I got to school and it was written on one of the first-grade classroom white boards.  Also, a good friend informed me that the 21 was Squirrel Appreciation Day.  I realize these holidays don't do you much good for this year, but put them on your calendar for next time around.  Also, if you come across any holidays I miss, feel free to let me know!

No comments: