Monday, January 21, 2008

January 21 is...

National Hugging Day

Oh my. I think I may have just discovered a new favorite holiday. Who doesn't love hugging? And if you don't love hugging - who are you and why? I say hug everyone! Unfortunately for me I won't be at school tomorrow. One of my favorite things is when the kids at school run up to me and give me hugs. I love it. I guess I'll just have to find other people to hug. Maybe even random people at the mall...or the Target cashier...

New England Clam Chowder Day

This really is the best kind of clam chowder.  I have a couple cans in my cupboard.  I guess I know what's for lunch.  For you ambitious folks, here's a recipe.  Just don't forget the oyster crackers.

Electric Blanket Day

It's about time we had a weather appropriate holiday or two.  Turn up that blanket, grab your bowl of clam chowder, hug your mother, and settle in to celebrate.  Maybe there'll be a documentary on clams on the Discovery Channel.  You never know.

Martin Luther King Day

Or Civil Rights Day.  Or Equality Day.  Or PC Day.  Or whatever.  It's all about respect.  Maybe we should just call it Aretha Franklin Day.

No comments: