Sunday, January 6, 2008

January 6 is...

Bean Day

Garbanzos, pintos, green. Cook 'em, eat 'em, shoot 'em through a straw at an unsuspecting sibling. Who said beans can't be fun? Being somewhat of an elementary educator by trade, my mind is thinking of all sorts of crazy art projects involving beans, boxes, and clear varnish. So, whatever you choose to do with this day, use the ol' bean and make the most of it!

National Shortbread Day

Lorna Doone would be so proud. I am a fan of shortbread. Especially if there's a tall glass of milk to accompany. So curl up with a blanket, a good book, and a piece of shortbread and enjoy yourself.

Cuddle Up Day

I've been cuddling quite a bit this week, unfortunately I don't think I'll get any today. Ironic - no? Break out the beanbags - double whamee there - find a comfy couch, and invite your best friend over for a great movie...and maybe some shortbread, then you kill three birds with one stone. Either way, there's no day like today to feel a warm body next to you. *sigh*

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Can we celebrate cuddle up day when I come back? :) I completely missed it too! So sad...

Greg D said...

I'm all about belated celebrations, so absolutely!

Tara said...

I happen to know you got some cuddling on January 6th. Unjustified worrying, my friend :)