Thursday, January 3, 2008

January 3 is...

Festival of Sleep Day

I plan to celebrate all day...if only. No I think I celebrated this one early, but I digress. Today, above all days, would be a good one for a nap. Plan a little extra time on your lunch break, or after work, or during work for that matter. Students can certainly fit a snooze into an overly verbose lecture. I recommend wearing a puffy coat. Try to convince your boss that this is a holiday recognized by the UN and see if they'll let you have an office party.

Chocolate-filled Cherry Day

I'm wondering if they mean cherry-filled chocolate, because a cherry doesn't leave much room to be filled with, well, anything really. Either way eat something chocolatey and cherry-y. I recommend black forest cake, cherry cordials, or perhaps a cherry coke with a hershey's bar. With all the leftover goodies that everyone no doubt has lying around from the holidays, I'm sure it won't be hard to find something...

Silly Putty Day

I celebrated this one on a daily basis back in my telemarketing days. Silly Putty saved my sanity on more than one occasion. I think it only appropriate that we set aside an entire day for this most glorious of inventions. Stretch it, stick it, make an imprint of tonight's movie times from the paper. So many uses, so little time.

No comments: