Tuesday, January 8, 2008

January 8 is...

English Toffee Day

Not my favorite of confectionery delights, but my mom goes insane during the holidays and makes enough for the entire population of Latin America, so I can tolerate it. If you're into that sort of thing, enjoy some with a friend. Just be sure to hit the gym to work off all that sugar and butter.

Man Watcher's Day

One of my personal favorites. I love to people watch. So, sit on a bench, or at a table in the food court of your local mall, or on a chair in the airport. Men are everywhere and relatively easy to spot. Watch them, and laugh.

Bubbling Bath Day

And interesting holiday to pair with Man Watcher's Day...if you're into that sort of thing. Even if you're not, hop in the tub, pour in some bubble bath, light a few candles...and soak. *aahhh* Although the name of the holiday would seem to indicate something more...effervescent. Go to the spa and see what sort of exotic fizzy mineral water baths they can offer. Maybe you'll find a new guilty pleasure.

3 comments:

Max Power said...

95% of the people I work with are these "men" of which you speak. Unfortunately, none of them are at all enjoyable to watch. Although, they are enjoyable to laugh at and make fun of.

And I must admit that I have been looking for an excuse to take a bubble bath. :D

The Downs Family said...

You crack me up! Only you could come up with material like this!

Erica

Nichole said...

This is my favorite day so far! Although I had no toffee today, saw no hot men, and did not take a bath, I sure will soon. Probably just the bath, actually.